Saturday, March 27, 2010

Being a Fruitloop in a World of Cheerios

I apologize right off the bat that this is so long but AHH so much fun today!!! :D Honestly, it had all the makings of being a not so great day. I was pretty tired for a lot of it, it involved waking up slightly earlier than a typical Saturday, getting the wrong time for the bus, walking two miles, waiting two hours for a bus back and just long in general. However, it was awesome! :D and I'll tell you why! We went to a Jainist (don't know how to spell it) temple to a religious festival where they chant and sing and throw lots of colorful chalk up in the air! It's kind of become a thing in Provo and everybody goes! I was skeptical because I was feeling pretty lazy but I went and it was pretty fun regardless of the fact that I was tired. We had the wrong bus time when we left but it wasn't too bad. Here's a couple "before" pictures from that, the first of which is a perfect representation of us as an apartment :D



Then we got there!

We had a blast gettin dirty!!! This one is was technically before the actual organized throwing began haha

When the real thing happened the sky went totally dark for a couple minutes and we couldn't even breathe! It was absolutely crazy! Here's the aftermath :D


So the bus driver had dropped us off right at the temple. But apparently wasn't going to come back there cuz it wasn't an actual stop. So the walking began!!! And didn't end for about 2 miles.... and once the walking ended. the waiting began! haha there was about 2 hours of that in store for us as well. Right here on this bench

During our wait I kept expecting someone to start getting grumpy but instead we just got delirious! and starting saying and doing hilarious things. It was such a hoot! And I can't even begin to tell you how many catcalls and honks and such we got from passerby. We even got our picture taken quite a bit! It was more attention than I think I ever have had in my life! Right as we were about to have Em's sister come and get us the bus finally came! With a bunch of people from the temple! Haha Oh well though! We had an adventure!

And we finally arrived home safely!

We got our tub all purple from trying to get clean then headed to in-n-out for some MUCH needed food! haha then to the store for some groceries and home again for a nice night in with Haley, Reece and Brandon. First we played cooties, a little kid game, and Em and I felt ours represented us because hers had a bow and a tongue stuck out and mine just had big kissing lips haha. So we posed with them :D


Then Haley made DELICIOUS bruschetta :D that we proceeded to devour before brandon's awesome milkshakes! and a movie!

All in all! A great day. This post only begins to describe it! We were laughing crazy hard all day long at little funny things that continued to occur. Haha but I guess I should explain the title! haha A quote of course "Be a fruitloop in a world of cheerios" I thought it was appropriate because when we weren't actually at the temple I felt a little bit like that! haha But my true quote for this post actually just crossed my path a few minutes ago in the movie tonight, Phoebe in Wonderland, the teacher in it said
"Sometimes you think you don't have hope but then you keep on anyways and realize you have it" I love that thought! :D But this post is officially way past being too long so I'll have to save a regular update for another time!

I love you all!
Stay Smiling :D

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a LOT OF FUN!!! You girls make adorable fruitloops. I would much rather be a fruitloop then a cheerio! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so many good things about the festival of colors but haven't had the chance to go yet! It sounds like you guys had a blast. You're quite the team, you and your roomies. :) and your pics are way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang tht sounds like fun... i can't wait to join in next year! lol

    ReplyDelete