Church was just great today! And music is ALWAYS wonderful! I know it may sounds silly but a lot of time songs say what I'm feeling just perfectly and explain things that I never could on my own. One sure fire way to touch me is through music. At church today we sang an out of the ordinary hymn for the closing song in relief society and it just might be a new favorite for me now! I reread it during the sacrament and also looked up the scripture references and footnotes that go along with it, and I really just love the messages in this hymn! It is incredible! Here are the lyrics:
Hymn 293 - Each Life That Touches Ours For Good
1. Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.
2. What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.
3. When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.
4. For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior’s name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.
After this amazing hymn we had a great Sunday school lesson and onto an awesome sacrament meeting with a fabulous musical number. Two girls sang while two others played piano and violin. I'm not quite sure what the song was named but it was about an old violin that an auctioneer discarded as something of little worth and didn't end up selling. Then an old man from the back came and fixed it up quickly then played beautiful music with it. Humbled the auctioneer called for bids again and the violin went for thousands of dollars. The message of the song dealt with what this old beat up violin became with the touch of the master's hand and by extension what we can become by the touch of the master's hand. It was an absolutely beautiful number that left me with more goosebumps than I have had in a very long time. I loved the music and the message.
I also am really touched by the words to a song that I discovered through the slightly less reverent source of a TV show. Haha The show is Glee, and that one my roommates love. Even though I don't regularly watch the show the music that the kids in it redo can be pretty awesome and I particularly like this song's lyrics:
I'll Stand By You
Oh, why you look so sad?
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
'cause I've seen the dark side too
When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
So if you're mad, get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Hey, what you got to hide?
I get angry too
Well I'm a lot like you
When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
'cause even if you're wrong
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
Take me in, into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you
And when...
When the night falls on you, baby
You're feeling all alone
You won't be on your own
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
Take me in, into your darkest hour
And I'll never desert you
I'll stand by you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
Won't let nobody hurt you
I'll stand by you
I want to be that type of person and friend. I want to help people in that way. But this post is getting incredibly long so I should wrap it up now.
As for life, I have one final left but it feels equivalent to three. Its all good though because then I get to be done and leave Wednesday afternoon for a short road trip with my amazing and gorgeous roommate to see my awesome family in one of my favorite places!!! And then home for more good times with the family! Needless to say... I CAN'T WAIT!!! But I'll have to write about those plans later since there is already so much to read here...sorry! My quote for this post is actually the title too. Sooo that's all for now!
I love you all!
Stay Smiling :D
I love that hymn! It is beautiful with a beautiful message. And I will admit, I am a Gleek...so I love that one too! I can't wait to see you next week! <3 ya!
ReplyDeleteI love music espically the hymns and primar ongs. I think it is the fastest way to bring the spirit into my home that is why music is constantly playing in my home. which would explain why Olivia has so many of them memorized. i hope you have a great weekend with the family.
ReplyDeleteCourt I think you have to be the MOST UPLIFTING PERSON EVER!!! You are so optomistic I just love it. I also love that hymn. It is one of my favoirtes. Music a great way to express yourself and I just love it.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure exactly what will be happening this weekend, but I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU!!! I know that Friday we will be in Rexburg for a little while, Chant is going to take our family pictures. Other then that I am not really sure what the plan it. Give me a call and HOPEFULLY we can get together. 313-3745 Good Luck with Finals!
Thank you you guys! I don't know if you'll see this but I love you all! And Brandi I wrote on your facebook and am now realizing that I should've probably written on your blog! Haha But I totally wanna come see you and I'll text or call ya when I get up there! LOVE YOU :D
ReplyDeletehahaha dang sista... i love u! u r so good.
ReplyDeletebtw. i changed my font on my blog for u. it worked this time