Anywho, summer has FLOWN by. I spent half of it in Utah which was bittersweet. I was there to undergo fertility treatments and did not enjoy being away from Christopher so much BUT I did get to spend A LOT of time with these lovelies!
Jenn and Owen were really my saving graces this summer. We had so much fun playing around whether it was on walks, at splash pads, parades or water parks it was a constant blast!!! My first trip was from the middle of June to the 4th of July. Which means....
I got to see Baby Jack Benjamin Van Blerkom just days after he was born (summer birthdays rock for that reason)! I also got to hang out with his big bro while Dallin got Sam and Jack discharged from the hospital.
![]() |
| Some quality alone time & a movie made him my bud for the night! |
It also means I just barely missed Owen's birthday and had to make up for it with an awesome present of course.
I also headed to Star Valley WY for our best friends' wedding the first weekend of that trip which was a blast in and of itself.
Jenn also helped me sew my first ever quilt! We saved my mom's pajamas and after 3 years we cut them into quilts squares. She had enough for SEVERAL quilts. My portion alone will make a baby theme, christmas theme and every day theme quilt. Now 2 more years later I finally sewed my first one and got it the quilters! It helped I had the best buddy helping me along :)
As I mentioned before the rest of our time was spent on random errands and other fun stuff so here is a few more random pictures!
| His latest obsession |
| Being an aunt is the greatest |
| Rare cuddles after a taxing dr. appointment |
My next trip was the last week in July and first week in August. Which means.....
| naked baby buds! |
| Too cute for words! |
Tiffany's endowment was next on the list of important activities and the following weekend.
![]() |
| It was an awesome honor to be Tiffany's escort for her special day! |
![]() |
| NFFD's Newest Recruit as he dad would say :p |
| BAAAAAA!!!! |
| Kind of sounds the same as his snake noise but whateves :p |
So even though I can't say everything about this summer was positive and/or enjoyable, I can say that HUGE chunk of it was thanks to the people I love <3>
Now it is back the grind for me because with all this time out of town I am VERY behind on my summer to do list! But I think I'll get there (she says with cautious hope)! I'm definitely excited to see my school friends again and catch up with them as well as getting to know my new kiddos! I'd say I'll promise to keep up on this again but you probably know better than to believe me by now! Maybe I'll at least promise to get some back track posts in before I start up again! We shall see! Until then <3 comment-3--="">3>



I love this court! Seriously Owen and I had best summer with you! It was so fun to have a permanent buddy and you were so helpful! You can stay with us anytime!! What a gray re-cap!! Miss you!!!!
ReplyDelete