I couldn't wait for her to join me at BYU but then I wound up married and transferred to BYU Idaho shortly there after. I stayed in touch and quizzed her about the men in her life whenever I could and was ecstatic to hear that her best friend asked her to marry him. Luckily for me allegiant air had super cheap promotional flights and my birthday was coming up so I was able to get myself tickets down for the wedding. In order to get these cheap flights I had to go from a Monday to a Monday so it made for quite the little trip home. It was great to get to spend time with my dad and to just relax and not worry about anything. The only problem was having to leave the hubby home.
My dad's best bud and my self claimed "uncle" Jason was there the first night and we had a super delicious dinner before watching some basketball (of course).
The next day I spent the morning with Dad in the temple doing some work for his ancestors. Then we went hiking and headed to Costco (also of course) and some In - n - out!
| View from the temple |
Wednesday was some more hiking as well as some time reading by the pool and pizza and a movie at home with dad that night (If only he'd remembered he had already seen it and not liked it).
| Artist point, Mount Diablo CA |
| never got in.... and didn't do as much of this as I'd have liked but was glad to keep busy! |
Thursday brought another hike and then going through the temple with Ariana for the first time. I picked up my favorite sandwiches on the way home and we ate at home before watching some more basketball (playoffs).
Friday was the wedding. I headed out to watch the beautiful couple be sealed for time and all eternity. They are perfect for each other and she was SO happy that day that it was just radiating from her. I loved it! Not to mention that she was a GORGEOUS bride! After the sealing I zipped home for some lunch before Denise and I went back to work helping set up the reception. After zipping home again to change we attended said reception and had a blast. It was gorgeous!
Saturday was great because I got to go to another reception! My friend Mark also recently married his best friend and I finally got to meet her! It was so great to see them and a bunch of familiar faces from home along with some AMAZING food (as to be expected at a Larsen event :D ). I had a BLAST! After that I was on my own for the night and did a little shopping then a late night walk with Dad when he got back from another wedding. It was great!
Sunday brought ANOTHER party (I know), this one for an old Stake President and his wife. It was a big dessert open house that went great! It was cool to see people from the old stake and hang out with my self claimed "brother" Stephen and his cute wife Anabelle who were also in town for the weekend. It was also Father's day of course and we did a google hang out with all my siblings to give Dad his gift and just visit. It was awesome! I love technology!
| So fun to get my craft on! |
| The gorgeous food set up for our open house with beautiful flowers from a wedding that weekend |
Anyway, it was a great trip but I definitely was glad to come home to Christopher. A week is too long! I missed his cute face!
<3 br="">3>

No comments:
Post a Comment